How to Delete Yahoo Mail Account
How to Delete Yahoo Mail Account: To delete Yahoo account, you have to bear in mind that you’ll not only lose your emails, you’ll also not have full access to your Yahoo mail account again. Yahoo mail also denies you access to other accounts attached to your Yahoo mail account and other Yahoo services.
Like we all know Yahoo mail is the world’s best free web-based mailing service which provides essential and intelligent tools of a modern web mail service for all Yahoo mail users. The mailing site uses an automated system to analyze every communication contents and also helps to identify spam and provide relevant features to active users.
But with all these wonderful talks about Yahoo mentioned in the second paragraph above, many Yahoo mail users still wish to delete their Yahoo mail account. Why? Users wish to delete their Yahoo mail accounts because the Yahoo mail service is undergoing some security breaches now which make the site insecure.
Check Yahoo Mail Inbox
Yahoo mail is an email service that is launched via the American parent company Yahoo. Yahoo mail has about 300 million users which makes it the very best web-based email service worldwide. The Yahoo mail provides it’s users with a very friendly user interface and their current webmail interface was introduced in 2017.
Yahoo is the most oldest mailing service on the web. It was created in 1994 and was made publicly known in 1995.
To Check Yahoo mail inbox is quite a simple process, you can access your Yahoo mail inbox from either a mobile device or a desktop device.
On the 22nd of September, 2016, Yahoo revealed that about 500 million Yahoo mail active users account had been hacked by third-party apps. These security breaches occurred both in 2013 & late 2014, which affected about 12 million users around the world.
Since Yahoo has been facing a lot of security breaches, it is not advisable to keep valuable contents on the website. But before you delete your mail account, there are things I’ll like you to know.
Do These before You Delete Account
And they include;
- Take backups of your most important emails by forwarding them to a secondary email account.
- Export every of your important contacts from Yahoo mail.
- Deactivate your account from any third-party app service and replace your account with a secondary account.
It is advisable you do not leave any of your valuable contacts or mails in your Yahoo account before deleting. Because even after deleting your account, Yahoo mail still keeps a record of your data in their site servers.
Steps on How to Delete Yahoo Mail Account
Instantly delete your Yahoo account with these few but simple steps below;
- First, go to the Yahoo delete user page – https//:www.yahoo.com/help/delete_account
- Enter your username.
- Click the next
- Enter your Yahoo password.
- Read the pop-up message that appears on the page – the message contains detail of what you get to lose when you delete your Yahoo mail account.
- If you still wish to delete your Yahoo account, simply click the Continue button.
- Enter your email address again.
- Click “yes, terminate this account”.
- A message pops up again on your screen – “your account has been deactivated and scheduled for deletion”.
- Click on Sounds good.
It takes Yahoo mail up to 180 days to finally delete everything in the Yahoo mail account. If you wish to reactivate the account again, you should login to the account within 40 days after you delete Yahoo account.