How To Use PayPal
Sign Up For PayPal Account: If you’re an online shopper like me, then there’s a very high chance you’ve used PayPal or at the very least, must be familiar with it. We can both agree that PayPal is one of the most popular and convenient ways to pay for online shopping. It is a quick and easy way to receive money through your credit card, debit card, bank account or email address. PayPal is the World most popular intermediary service for online shopping. It operates as a payment processor for auction sites. On any online vendors and other commercial users. Since its start in 1998, Pay Pal has become the most trusted and suitable way to make money transfers online. With more users than its relative counterparts such as MoneyGram and wire transfers.
Who Owns PayPal
Well, there aren’t many things to talk about who owns Pay Pal, which is also called PayPal’s payment system. We really don’t know who the real owners of Paypal are. But the key people behind this amazing payment system are; John Donahoe (chairman) and Dan Schulman (president) and CEO. The payment system has two types of product; Credit Cards, Payment System. And it’s headquarters is located at 2211 North First Street in San Jose, California U.S.
How Does PayPal Work
PayPal allows users to send money to each other’s email addresses. Without exposing each party’s credit card and account information at the same time. This idea is particularly good for purchasing goods from strangers. And also for transferring money to friends and loved ones. It also guarantees assurance on the side of both the buyer and seller. That they can recover their money or goods should the transaction go sour.
What Are The Requirements For PayPal
There is no business license or technological requirement to send or receive money through PayPal. All you need to have is a valid email address and a valid credit card or bank account details.
How Does PayPal Make Money
As a broker, PayPal makes its profit by charging you a percentage of the money transferred to you.
- Buyers are not charged to send money.
- It will only charge you to receive money (30 cent fee plus a percentage of surcharge).
- PayPal surcharges you to send money outside the country (roughly 2%).
- It may charge you to send funds to a friend or family member. If the receiver is not a registered user at PayPal, then there will be no charge included.
- Then Paypal also surcharges you to send money from your credit card.
What Can I Use PayPal For – How To Use PayPal
There are three major uses of PayPal;
- For one-time online purchase: You like a nice wristwatch on eBay for example, PayPal is a better alternative to using your credit card. As your card information will be private and kept from the public eye.
- To send money to friends and family: You wish to send money to your kid brother in another country. Or you need to repay the cash you borrowed from a friend. PayPal is good at these transactions as they could have zero surcharges.
- For Subscriptions or renewing subscriptions: If you want to subscribe to Amazon prime or other internet subscription services that require a monthly payment. PayPal is a good choice instead of your credit card.
Why is PayPal So Popular
PayPal offers users three major benefits;
- It is very convenient, as all you need to know about a person is their email address to send them money.
- And it keeps your banking and credit cards information from the other party.
- It is used worldwide so there are a strong familiarity and trust around the PayPal service and operation.
PayPal is very sensitive when it comes to protecting your information from fraudsters as checks and balances are always put in place to ensure safe and comfortable transactions among its users. You may not find any other financial institution that is capable of protecting its customers than PayPal.
Sign Up For PayPal
PayPal is the main online platform for transferring money all over the world. When you sign up for PayPal, you stand a chance at benefiting from sending and receiving money and buying and selling of any goods items online and the other. To sign up for PayPal account is as easy as you can ever imagine. However, there are two types of PayPal account. One for personal purposes and the other for your company and business purposes. Create a PayPal account, either business or personal, the procedures are virtually the same. You will see an option to choose business or personal in the cause of your registration for PayPal.
The steps below will guide you into owning your own PayPal account with ease. Though there are two distinct ways you can achieve this. This includes;
- PayPal website.
- Internet banking wallet.
Sign Up for PayPal Account Via PayPal Website
The steps below will guide you to sign up for PayPal account using PayPal website;
- Logon to PayPal website www.paypal.com
- You will see an option for personal or business. Click on the one that best suits your need.
- Click on continue and select Nigeria in the drop down menu.
- Fill in other details as required; your email, password and personal data.
- Fill in your debit card details with care.
- Open the email address you have provided during the PayPal sign up process and verify to set up your PayPal account.
- Congratulations! You have successfully signed for PayPal account.
Sign Up for PayPal Account Via Wallet
The steps below will guide you to sign up for PayPal account using Wallet. You must have an internet banking account to be able to create PayPal using wallet.
- Open your internet banking account and chose the PayPal wallet to create a PayPal.
- Link your debit card with your PayPal by selecting the default card and other as the case maybe. It is advisable to always use one card to avoid problems.
- Verify your account by pressing the button on your token.
- Enter the password you wish to be using and tick the agree section to sign up for PayPal account.
- Congratulations! You have successfully signed up for PayPal account.
This is basically the two steps involved to create a PayPal account.
How Do I Link a Bank Account to My PayPal Account
They are lots of users who have signed up for a PayPal account but still haven’t made any payment with their PayPal account. Before any user who has a PayPal account can make any payment, receive any cash from any one, there is one major thing. The user must have a Bank Account attached to the PayPal account. Or you send your PayPal email to someone who you need to send some payment to you, but the payment couldn’t go through. Not every of PayPal new users have been able to link their bank account to their PayPal account. Well, apart from linking your PayPal account which may cost you not to receive payment, there are other issues involved. But here we would be talking about PayPal options to users, linking their bank account to their PayPal account.
There are different of way I can link a bank account to my PayPal account with ease and no-time wasting. Below is a normal way to easily link your bank account when you don’t have much detail;
- After signing in to your PayPal account.
- On the top side of the page, you will see an icon which says “Wallet”, click on it. Users making use of a mobile device, click on the “Menu” icon, on the drop-down menu click on the “Wallet” icon.
- Then on the next page you will see an icon which says “Link a back account”, then click on it.
- What you have to do next is to select your bank. Or if you don’t see your bank, click on the “Don’t see my bank”.
Note doing this depend on the type of bank you select. PayPal my offers the ability of you linking your bank account instantly. Linking your bank account instantly, you will do that with the help of your online banking login information. Also, PayPal gives users other options of them linking their bank account manually, only when the instant option is not available. Then you will have to click on the “Agree and Link” button.