How to Request for a Refund
Paypal Refunds: means a sum of money that is returned to you and this happens on PayPal. We know PayPal is an online transaction platform for both buyers and sellers. So, we know that both sellers and buyers use PayPal to carry out the transaction. This is where PayPal refund comes in. You may want a refund for something you bought online especially if it does not meet your transaction.
PayPal is one of the most common ways of paying for items online and if you ever use eBay you undoubtedly used PayPal. If a buyer requests a refund through PayPal, a portion of the original selling fees are returned to the merchant and the amount varies between sales and refund. There are some things you need for PayPal refunds.
When you should request a PayPal refund
You may want or need to ask for a refund:
- Now when you changed your mind on a purchase or you made a mistake, you can cancel the payment or ask your seller for a refund.
- Also when you are not satisfied with the item or service received or you have not received it you can communicate with your seller in the PayPal resolution center and they can offer you a full or partial refund.
- When you make a billing, agreement purchase and the payment method charged was not the one you wanted to use. In addition to requesting a refund, please change the payment method on the billing agreement, so this would not happen again.
Please note you can request a refund up to 180 days after you pay for your item or service.
How to Request for a Refund
PayPal encourages you to work with the seller and initially request a refund by emailing them and ask them to go to the transaction details page for your transaction and click issue a refund. Here is how to find the seller’s contact information to request a refund.
- On your PayPal account, go to the activity section.
- Use the filters to find and then click on the payment you will like to be refunded.
- Find the recipient’s email address and send your request from your email address.
If the recipient refuses to refund your money and you feel you are entitled to a refund and you can open a dispute in the resolution center as long as it is still within the 180 days of the payment date and provided your issue meet the criteria.
Refund within 180 days of Payment – Paypal Refunds
This will help you refund within 180 days.
- Log in to your PayPal business account.
- Now click on the payment received the link in the transaction panel of the summary page.
- Click the payment you want to refund and the transaction details page opens.
- Also, click the “issue a refund” link.
- On the page that appears to enter the refund amount.
- Click on the continue button and the review and process refund page displays.
Verify that the refund amount is correct and click on the issue refund button.
Refunding After 180 Days – Paypal Refunds
This will help you issue a refund after 180 days.
- Log into your PayPal business account.
- Click on the Money link at the top of the page and then click on Send Money.
- Click on the Send money button to friends and family.
- Enter the required information, and then click Next.
Review the information that appears, then click Send to complete the refund.