PayPal joint account: A joint account is an account that is shared by two or more persons and any individual who is a member of the joint account can withdraw from the account and deposit to it, usually, a joint account is created between close relatives or business partners. The PayPal joint account is only possible if you have a PayPal business account.
PayPal Joint Account
The PayPal business account allows you to add more than one user to your account, create multiple logins and access levels and assign specific privileges so your employees can complete a task for you. This PayPal feature lets you give PayPal account access to up to 200 employees each with a unique login ID and level of authority.
How to Add Users to your PayPal Account
If you own a PayPal business account, here is how you add new users to your PayPal account. If you add a user who has money moving privileges, you will need to sign an authorization form and then confirm that personal identity and you can do this electronically through your PayPal account.
- On your PayPal account go to settings.
- Click on manage my account settings from the page that appears.
- In the manage user’s section, click on update or get started.
- Click on add user.
- Provide users with information. Check each account privilege you are giving this user and click Save.
Please note: To log in to the PayPal account, the secondary users the user ID and password you created. You can edit the secondary user account privileges anytime. You can permit a secondary user to discuss your account with customer care.
CHECKOUT: PayPal eCheck | How to Send and Receive…
How to Edit a Secondary User privileges
To edit secondary user privileges is easy to follow these steps.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click on the profile close to the top of the page.
- Now click on my account settings.
- Click on update beside manage user
- Select a user name and click edit.
- Edit the privileges and click on save
And now you have successfully edited a secondary user’s privilege.
How to Allow a Secondary User to Discuss Your Account with Customer Service.
You can permit a secondary user to discuss your account with customer service and here is how to do so.
- Login to your account and click on the profile.
- Click on my account settings
- Also, click on get started beside manage user.
- Click on add user
- Enter the user’s name, a user ID and a password
- Select what the user can access what are PayPal account privileges and click save.
Now you have permitted a secondary user to discuss your account with customer service.
How to create a secondary user in PayPal manager
If you use Payflow Pro, PayPal strongly advises you to create a secondary user in PayPal manager for integration purposes and this will help maintain your integration if you ever need to change your primary PayPal manager password.
- Log into your PayPal Manager account.
- Enter your partner, merchant login and password information and click login.
- Click on account administration.
- Under manage users, click on add users
- Enter the required information such as admin user password, contact name email, user login name, and others and click on update.
And you have successfully added a secondary user to your PayPal manager account for more information about user privilege levels click on http://paypalobjects.com/en_US/vhelp/paypalmanager_help/about_user_priveledge_levels.html.