Facebook Online Store Setup
Facebook Online Store Setup: Facebook online store is an avenue for online merchants to advertise and sell their products online on Facebook. With Facebook online store you will be able to list your products and sell to potential customers and people who are interested. After selling an item on Facebook online store, you can receive payment with Facebook pay app.
What is Facebook Online Store?
Facebook online store is almost the same thing as every other e-commerce website and applications out there with the basic difference that you get to own your own store on Facebook online store-on your Facebook online store, you can list all the items you have available for sale and put them into their appropriate categories. Facebook online store has made it so easy for Facebook users who sells and buys online.
It is a digital platform where people come together to sell and buy items. This service was launched by Facebook on October 3, 2016. On the marketplace, Users can search categories to find products.
Thus Facebook does not take part in controlling transactions within the marketplace, it is left for sellers and buyers to work it out themselves. The marketplace makes it easy for individual to buy and purchase items they want without stress unlike the physical Marketplace.
When you sign in to your Facebook account and enjoy the following from the marketplace
- Promote your business and make more money
- Ability to find products of your choice
- Search for items using location and type
- Create photos of products right on the marketplace
- Access old and new transaction summary in the items platform.
To access Facebook Marketplace and enjoy the above benefits, you must sign into your Facebook account.
How to Set Up a Facebook Online Store
A Facebook online store is essential in the sense of expanding your business and increasing your customer base. Most business owners jump into other online e-commerce site and website to sell their products forgetting that Facebook is one of the world’s most-visited site.
Facebook is one of the best platforms to sell your products, but before you can sell your products on the Facebook you should know how to set up a Facebook online store. A Facebook online store can be set up with the following steps
- Open your Facebook page
- Open the shop page and configure it
- Set your shop details up
- Set payments methods and processes
- Add products to your store
- Manage your shopping orders.
For you to able to own a Facebook online store you must have a Facebook account and a Facebook business page.
Facebook Shop Rules
Apart from the Facebook online stores, users can also sell on Facebook shops, but not all items can be sold on Facebook shops. Some items are marked as not to be sold on Facebook by Facebook shop rules. The following is a compilation of Facebook shop rules
- Alcohols are not be sold
- Hard drugs are not to be sold
- Ammunition and other forms of weapons should not be sold
- Health care materials and instruments should not be sold
- Animals should not be sold
Any online merchant caught selling any of the above listed or breaking any of the Facebook shop rules will lose his access to the Facebook shop.
Access Facebook Online Store on Computer
Once you sign in to your Facebook account
On your homepage, move to the left corner of the screen and click on “Marketplace” widget. It takes you to the marketplace where you will set up your location and then, choose in-between buy and sell options, depending on your motive.
Get to the Online Store with your Android phone
- Proceed to your Android device
- Click on the menu icon
- Launch the Facebook app. If you’re not signed in already, it will prompt you to enter your email or phone number and then password.
- Right on your Facebook home page, Locate the “Shop” icon representing the marketplace
- You will be taken to the next page where you select either “buy or sell” tab for further actions on the marketplace.