If you’ve already set up a backup, proceed with these steps. Otherwise, scroll down to the section below on backups.
1. Delete WhatsApp from your Android device.
2. Open the Google Play Store and reinstall WhatsApp.
3. Open the app and verify your phone number.
4. A prompt will appear to “Restore” your chats from your Google Drive, tap “RESTORE.”
5. Tap “NEXT.”
All of your backed up deleted messages and media files should now be restored.
How to back up your WhatsApp messages to Google Drive
If you want to preserve your future WhatsApp messages, here’s how to set up automatic backups for your Android :
1. Open WhatsApp and tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Tap “Settings” and then select “Chats.”
3. Tap “Chat backup.”
4. Select “Backup to Google Drive” and select anything other than “Never.”
5. Select the Google account that you want to use for your WhatsApp backups, or connect a new account by tapping “Add Account.”
6. Tap “Back up over” and choose the network to use for backups, if necessary.