How do Facebook ads work? Well, that’s a question lots of marketers have been asking lately. Facebook Ads work very easy and fast. It doesn’t basically cost you a fortune to set. Do you know that in society today over 95% of marketers on social media consider Facebook to be the most active and effective medium for adverting their products?
With Facebook it doesn’t matter if a have a big company or a small scale business, no big budget is needed to make your adverts on Facebook. With Facebook, you can reach out to your business ideal client or audience. Who will engage in the products or services and eventually ask for a sale? So in this article, I will be telling you how Facebook ads work.
How Do Facebook Ads Work
I believe you’re wondering how it works, and that’s why I am writing this article. Facebook Ads work very simply and fast as I said earlier. The platform allows users to engage in free advertising or paid one. The choice is all yours to make. Both the paid and free ads give positive results to your business. In other to understand how Facebook Ads, you need to know what it means. Let’s dive in.
What Exactly is a Facebook Ad
Every marketer or advertiser is different, that is why it very good to understand your advertising goal or objective, which is the goal you wish to achieve with your Ads campaign. Facebook ads now come in different varieties. You can promote your posts on your business page, your page or you can promote your website itself. Ads are targeted to the users based on the following;
- Their demographic.
- Also their profile information.
- Their location.
To create successful Facebook ads, you would need to understand the following;
- The goal or the reason why you’re running the ad.
- The audience you want to reach.
- Lifetime or daily budget for the ad campaign.
- Clear images to be featured in your ad.
The Parts that make Up a Facebook Ad
Whenever you are creating an ad on Facebook, the ad must carry an image or video and a text. Here are the basic parts;
- The Facebook Ad creative.
- The targeting: the people or audience you want to reach with the ad.
- Ad Placement: the places you want the ad to appear.
- Your Bid: the amount you are paying for customers to see your ad and click on it.
- Budget: the amount you wish to spend on the Facebook ad.
- Your Schedule: the time limit of the ad.
There are different formats you can use to make your Facebook ad successful. Creating an ad is easy but you will need the right format to make the ad. Below is the ad formats you can use;
- Canvas Ads.
- Collection Ads.
- Lead Ads.
- Video Ads.
- Photo Ads.
- Messenger Ads.
- Carousel Ads.
- Facebook story Ads.
- Domain Ads.
- Event Ads.
- Mobile App Ads.
- Link Ads.
Use any of the above ad formats to set up your ads on Facebook.
How to Create Facebook Ads
Creating Facebook Ads is very simple and fast. Follow the instructions below;
- Choose the Ad Objective: the objectives include;
- The awareness or Reach: interest in the contents, products or services.
- Consideration: make the visitors or audience-focused and interesting in searching for more details about the business or products.
- Conversion: getting the audience or visitors to purchase the product.
- Select the Ad Campaign Audience: this is the most useful feature on Facebook advertising.
- Select where you to run the ad campaign.
- Set the Ad Budget: this step defines the cost of your advertising campaign. You can either select a lifetime or daily budget to determine when the ad campaign should stop.
- Pick the Ad format: to have a successful add you will need to choose a format that will make it work.
- Place the campaign order.
- Then finally, measure the ad’s performance.
The ad will be submitted for review and would be made public once it has been approved by Facebook.