Wondering what a Facebook username is? I’m here to put you through on what a username means and how you can even change your Facebook account username if you wish. The username is a part of your profile that people can use to search for you on Facebook. Your username is like a web address for your profile. To find out more, read on.
Facebook username is always paired with a password, which is your Facebook login details. On the Facebook platform, usernames can be changed. Facebook is the world’s largest social networking site that allows you to post comments, share your photos and videos with your Facebook friends. Facebook helps you to maintain a friend list. You can also watch short videos on the Facebook platform for free with a good data connection.
SEE ALSO >>> Facebook Videos Views | How to See Faceboo…
To have a Facebook username, you must be on the Facebook platform. Facebook app is free for downloads on the app store of your devices. Signing up for a Facebook account is one of the simple things on the internet today. Facebook username is important because it helps people to find you with the username provided. I personally advise people to use their real name when signing up for Facebook so your friends can easily find and add you as a friend.
Facebook App – How to Install on your Mobile Phone
To get the Facebook app on your device, go to the app store on your device and follow the guidelines below:
- Use the search box to search for the “Facebook” app.
- From the filtered results, tap on the first one to load the information before proceeding to download.
- Tap on the green Install button to get.
The app would installed immediately and you launch the app. Sign in to your account if you have and change the username of the account.
Facebook Sign up
To have a username and start using the Facebook app. Sign in or sign up for the Facebook platform. Open the Facebook app or go to www.facebook.com and follow the steps below:
- Hit on the “Sign up” option.
- On the form, fill your first name, surname.
- Then fill in your mobile number or an email address.
- Create a password that you can remember for your Facebook account.
- Select your birthday and indicate your gender.
- Hit on “Sign up”.
Confirm your email address by hitting on the link sent to you or verify your mobile number by typing in the code sent on the text box provided.
CHECKOUT >>> Facebook Friendship and Dating | Facebook Frie…
Facebook Login – How to Login to your Account
Facebook account is free and simple to get and over 3 billion people have an account. So if you’re among them and already have one, all you need to do is sign in to the profile;
- Launch the application on your device or go to facebook.com
- Fill in your email address or mobile number and password.
- Then hit on “Log in”.
The profile would be loaded on the device immediately if the details are rightly filled in. Or you can reset the password if you’ve lost it.
Facebook Username Change – How can I Change my Username?
To change your username, go to the setting on your Facebook account and follow the steps below;
- On the settings page, hit on “Username”.
- Type in the new Facebook username you’d like to use and hit on “Save changes”.
Note: Facebook usernames can be changed only every 60days. The name would be changed to the new one you input.
How to Find a Friend by their Facebook Username
Searching and adding a friend by the username is easy. Follow the instructions below;
- Open and sign in to your Facebook account.
- On the Facebook homepage, hit on the search box at the top and type in the name of the person.
- Find the person on the list displayed with the same Facebook username and click on the person you are searching for.
You can send the person a friend request if you want to or view the person profile.