eBay Business Cost For Marketplace
eBay Business Account: Are you looking for an online platform where you can start up your own business account? You have heard of eBay business before but don’t know what it used for. This business is an online business that allows any user to sell their product on the platform. With these business users don’t need to sell their product on the offline shop anymore. They can take it to, which enables them to sell faster. eBay business is a simple business which you can start as your own boss with just a little to no investment.
This amazing business is free to all users. No business license is required from any users. But having an eBay store, the users are likely to have a business license. While if your plan is to buy items from wholesale instate and later resell them on eBay, the user will need a seller’s permit.
Do I Need an eBay Business Account?
To start selling on eBay online marketplace, the users most need an eBay business account. But for does user who is just on www.ebay.com just to sell your old stuff and buy items for personal use. An individual account is what that eBay user needs. Only users who purpose it to sell on eBay is allowed to create an eBay business account. Creating this business account, the user must make sure he or she registered legally for business purpose.
eBay Business Cost For Marketplace – eBay Business Account Fees
Having eBay business account, there are fees to pay. It has two fees which users have to pay for listing their product on its online buying and selling platform, which is the insertion fee and the final value fee.
eBay Insertion Fee
The insertion fee means when an eBay seller list a product for sell on the eBay marketplace, eBay charges the user a fee. The fee for listing a product for one month is $0.03 for eBay standard seller and for eBay stores subscribers it’s low as $0.05.
eBay Final Value Fee
The final value fee means that when a seller’s listed item has been sold, the user will be charged eBay final value fee. eBay final value fee is calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the listed product which was sold. It also includes handling and shipping charges, but the tax for selling the product is not included.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> PAYPAL BUSINESS LOANS
eBay charges standard sellers 10% of the total amount of their sales, which for eBay stores subscribers, they are charged 4-9% of total sales depending on the product category. eBay also have other fees apart from the insertion and final value fees. It assesses other listing or services fees like;
- eBay promoted listing fees.
- Supplemental services fees.
- Advanced listing upgrade fees.
This services can be access by any eBay seller and are available on their eBay account. But note, no charges would be placed on any seller on any of the above services. unless the seller manually enables them from the eBay account.
What Users Need to Create An eBay Business Account?
eBay requires less detail to create an eBay business account. And when creating your business account make sure to make all your detail legal. Below are what you need to create your business account;
- Your legal business name.
- Provide a legal business email.
- A password for your business account.
- Legal business mobile number, make sure to have a separate mobile number for your business.
The above-listed details are what a user needs to create eBay business account. Make sure to provide the above details correctly as ask to buy eBay.
How Do I Set Up an eBay Business Account
- Go to eBay Official website at ebay.com to get started with opening your account.
- When you are already on the site’s homepage, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “sign-in /register
- After clicking on the sign in or register menu, you’ll be taken to a page where you will be asked to continue using either Facebook or Gmail. Just look to the top of the page and click on “create account “
- Now, at this stage, you be asked to continue with either Facebook or Gmail. Just like the previous page, but since you want to open an eBay business page, scroll down to the end of the page. You should see a link asking “have an eBay business? Create an eBay business account”, go on to click on it.
Continue Your eBay Business Account Process
- Right after clicking on the link, you will be taken to a page where you will be asked to fill in all your relevant business information. Your business name, VAT identification number where it is applicable. Your contact details and your email and password. All which are paramount to the successful completion of your account. You will also be providing details of a bank that accepts Direct Debit; it is through this means that eBay will charge you for your seller fee.
- Like I said earlier, you don’t need to pay a dime for registration. eBay will only charge you a token percentage of the merchandise you wish to sell. Moreover, you can choose a variety of payment methods like PayPal, Cash on Delivery, Wire Transfers personal cheques, cashier cheques, and money orders. As a seller, it is also very important to be aware of the legal framework and your legal obligations.
This should be the final phase in creating your eBay business account. Being a seller on eBay also comes with its own privileges such as reduced task. Discount on price and also the opportunity to use your brand’s name with a guarantee of full-time protection. Open an eBay business account today and take advantage of all these opportunities waiting for you.