Best Car Insurance Companies
Having one of the best insurance companies for your car is very essential no matter the kind of car you drive or the journey you are embarking on. This is because it safeguards you in the event of property damage or bodily injury liability if you get involved in an accident. For the best car insurance quotes, it is not a one-size-fits-all as every insurer uses a different indices in creating the premium it quotes you with. Thus you will find competing carriers charging various amounts for the same or almost the same coverage.
Thus, to get the best insurance for car, you have to shop periodically, in other to compare various companies, have the potential to save with your current carrier, or with a new insurer that is better.
Factors that can affect Your Car Insurance Premium
These are the key factors that can affect your premium.
- Credit history – Some insurers, are known to price a policy higher for a driver with less-than-stellar credit, using a “credit-based insurance score.” This is because insurers maintain that credit history is a good predictor of insurance claims, and thus price their policies accordingly.
- External conditions – These encompass local weather trends that increase the likelihood of claims and may result in higher rates.
- Driving history, car type, and driver profiles – If you have added a new or more expensive car, begun insuring a teen driver, or have been involved in an at-fault crash then you may likely notice a rise in your premium.
Signing up For a Car Insurance
Before you sign up for car insurance, here are key factors to take into consideration.
- Decide on the kind of coverage you want, as many companies order many different policies that cover a variety of damages and risks. Thus, the first step you are to take before signing up is to ascertain your risks and how to compensate for them.
- Understand the type of coverage your state legally requires you to have. This is because, in most states, bodily injury liability and property damage liability are necessary to drive. Thus you have to check the specifics for what works for where you live.
- Scout around to know what companies offer the best car insurance. This is to help you get a more comprehensive plan.
- Find out the best payment plan that suits you, as some companies offer different ways to pay (annually, monthly or with transfer of electronic funds), to find out what works best for you.
Best Car Insurance Companies
Geico is one of the cheapest and one of the best-known car insurance companies in the country. They offer great service and support to their customers and offers a 97% satisfaction.
Nationwide Insurance – Best Insurance For Car
With top ratings from a variety of outlets like A.M. Best, S&P and Moody’s Nationwide insurance keeps its customers happy with its services.
Allstate is a car insurance company known for its scope of coverage and discount offers. These offerings depending on your circumstances, could easily make it the most cost-effective option available for several motorists.
Progressive – Best Insurance For Car
With over 18 million customers, Progressive stands as a force to be reckoned with in the world of insurance. This insurance has managed to attract and retain so many satisfied customers with continued commitment to saving it’s customers funds.
Founded in 1916, Auto-Owners has amassed nearly 3 million policyholders across 26 states and is one of the top insurance companies when it comes to cars.
Safeco is a division of Liberty Mutual, based in Seattle and has existed for over 85 years. This insurance company has a national presence for more than two decades and partners with local agents who can devote the time and attention that customers require in order to get all of their individual car insurance questions answered and have their requests met.